Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Boredom at School For 6 Full Hours

I woke up at 6.20 this morning. By myself. Which is unusual. And I am not supposed to be the early bird kind. Ah well, class at 8.30am really scared me. And i was imagining that i was late for class all the time. Scary. I ended up in school at 7.30am. 1 full hour before class. Which sucks. But it felt good. I meant it sucks. Well, felt good. What i meant was that it sucks to be there 1 hour early before class, but it surely felt good that I know I'll be on time.

This morning nearly the same thing happened last time. NEARLY. I heard lady sounds outside the toilet, but luckily, the girl was pulled away by her friend in time. I know because i heard the sure signs of finding out, relief, and a just a tinge of embarrassment. She sounded like an Aussie. I HAD to smile when i thought of the girl last time.

First lesson was mentoring. We were finally given access to "Blackboard", which is really excellent since we all need the tutorials and unit outlines and presentations inside. For those who don't know already, "Blackboard" is an online learning program that provide students with lecture notes and stuff from lecturers through the Internet. It's really convenient, and after I received access, the first thing I did was to download every friggin' thing i'm supposed to have into my hard disk. Oh yeah, i have a portable hard disk now. 320GB of pure space to put all my junk in. And to think i already have 250GB of space on my computer. MWAHAHAHAHHAA~

But after mentoring, the boredom sets in. Because my next lesson is at 3.45pm. Which is like 6 hours after my first class. Boredom. In the end I used time "efficiently"(which is a first for me, but i surely hope not the last) by searching for materials for my presentation by using the Internet through the library computer. There I was, since 9.30am, and here I am, 11.30am. God, I can't believe I'm working hard for the first time in my life. Scary.

I am going to have lunch with Alvin later, but first i'll have to wait for him to finish up on class. So I'm burning time here. At the same time, I'm starting to feel the strain that not being able to log on to Youtube and watch videos(to study!!!!) so that I can finish my milestone assignment. Oh yeah, milestone assignments are something that help you earn marks for your test, so you can have less stress when it comes to the final test, since they take up 5% of all your total marks each time. And i figure there's five milestones for every subject, which means 20% for every subject, and 100% for all the subjects combined(four core subjects+UWA stream must take+mentoring, which doesn't count as a subject, since it's supposed to help you with college/university life). Which is a lot! But on the other hand, milestone assignments are really annoying, since they're just always, there. No matter what you do, it's always there. Pressure pressure.

My sunburns are finally nearly gone, but i'm careful not to touch them too much, since they still sting when u apply too much pressure when in conjunction with a coarse fabric. Ouch. But other than that, it's all fine now. It doesn't burn anymore, and I feel great.

Getting to know some people around here feels great, including the lecturers. One particular lecturer that I found most interesting was Htay. That's her name, Htay, pronounced Tay. She's the kind of lecturer that's strict and fun at the same time. A very delicate balance, and she did it very well. She says shit, she encourages us to get drunk, get girls, go partying, but we'll have to pass Economics, which is the subject she teaches. Oh, and she loves night clubs and hates kids, apparently.

Having friends is kinda easy, but having good friends, or GREAT friends, is really hard. Since everyone's at a different class at a different time, and can only meet up when you're in the same class OR coincidentally in the same place at the same time, you won't be meeting them much. Other than Alvin, whom I've met and known and had great fun for the past 3 years, I've also gotten acquainted with Gary, Anthony, Fez, Ruth, Lean, Trinh, Aaron, Richard, Alex and a whole lot of others. Particularly Alex. He's from Hong Kong, a little guy, about 165cm tall, and good looking. He's fun to be with, and we share the same interest in games. Since he's from Hong Kong, he got used to a rapid and busy life. And he led me to Perth city to have lunch and back again for the 3 hours break yesterday. Wow. He's a really cool guy to be with, is fashion conscious, apparently, and likes girls. Don't we all. And he works apparently, and always fail to come on time for his morning lessons, or miss them altogether. Which is a dangerous thing to do.

For this 6 hour break today, I DID think about going to the city, but I voted against it, since I'm all alone, and it would be too much of a hassle to catch a bus, a train, then catch a train and a bus again when i want to get back here. As I found out, he likes Taka, the Japanese restaurant in Perth City. Just like all of us. I figure Taka is something like a landmark nowadays in Perth.

I am starving now, but I packed lunch today. A 3 layer peanut butter sandwich and two tiny chocolate chip muffins that my aunt made with my cousin. I don't think these will be enough though, taking into account that I have a really big appetite(although i'm trying to cut it down). But I feel really hungry now, and never felt so for like, 1 whole year before. Gah, might have to waste cash on food at the cafeteria again. Someone just shoot me.

I am bored. Am bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored. I am hungry. Am hungry hungry hungry hungry hungry hungry hungry hungry. Ah well, figure I'll sign off now. It's 12.06pm.

13 comments:

  1. Tin Tun ah, can u dun use tat one...tat Word verification....sometimes is can work probably lar...wanna post some commnt also can't >.< T.T

    ReplyDelete
  2. wanlao wan post acomment nid soooooo mafan....
    shit....

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok i TINK i turn off ler... u guys check 4 me

    ReplyDelete
  4. testing testing.....
    1....
    2....
    3....
    4....
    testing testing.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. eiei...y no c u on msn de??
    u cant ply msn??

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yeah..i can leave comment le...wakaka..
    ~angeL~

    ReplyDelete
  7. okok i get it, can comment liao =.= ya i cant on9, that's y i no online msn T.T

    ReplyDelete
  8. lak si wor... i noe u got 320GB portable hard drive lah... xiao zha bo...

    ReplyDelete