Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Interesting Things That Happened Over The Past Week

Hi guys, it's Thursday, and I'm sure you all know whaat that means. Yep, It's long long long long long long long long post day.

First of all, i became interested in a movie showing in Australia, but not sure if it's gonna show anywhere else - Watchmen(or man, i do not remember). It's most probably a typical superhero movie, with fancy(gay?) costumes, people flying everywhere, world domination villian, deadly virus and all that. You know, the works. I will be googling it after i finish posting this post, which will most probably a long time after.

THEN, i watched a movie called Edward Scissorhands. Yes, yes, lots of applause please, haha. Now, on to the movie. It's released in 1990, with believe it or not, Johnny Depp as the protagonist (who has also starred in various blockbuster films, like Pirates Of the Caribdean as Capt Jack Sparrow, Sweeny Todd as Sweeny Todd, and most alarming of all, Charlie and The Chocolate Factory as Willy Wonka! This just proves his acting prowess, as all of these characters have nothing at all in common!)

Anyways, on with the topic. This movie is about Edward, a creation of an inventor, that has scissors for hands. Edward has spent all his life in the inventor's mansion on the top of a hill, and therefore has no human connection other than the inventor himself. Edward is later taken in by a family, and falls in love with the family's daughter.

The whole movie shows the various problems that Edward has to face regarding social life, his love for the girl of his dreams, and basically the politics of a suburban neighbourhood. This movie is a must see, because it really reveals the ignorance and the dark side of humanity. But, at the same time, it cherishes the kindness that humans can show, basically the family that took him in. I give it a 10/10, and it is a movie i will be happy to watch over and over and over again.

Next up, is a queer encounter i met a few days ago. It happened in the morning, when i just alighted the bus to catch the train while on my way to school(and yes, i have to catch a bus, then a train, then a bus again to get to school). Anyway, as i was on my way, a boy and a girl approached me. The boy is of tender age, about 12 to 13 years old, while the girl is about 15 years old, by the looks of it. Here's the conversation that happened between us:

Boy: Excuse me, but do you have the time?

Me: Er... for what?

Boy: The time.

Me: For WHAT??

Girl points at her wrist: The time.

Me: Oh, right. It's 8.14(am).

Boy: Um, can u help us buy a pack of ciggarettes?

Me: What??

Boy: Ciggarettes. For my sister and I.

...

Me: You serious?

Boy and girl: Yes, PLEASE help us. PLEASE X 999999999999999999999

Me: No way guys, you're too young.

And i walked away while listening to their awwws and pleases. Oh my Gawd. What is wrong with the world today. Imagine, 12 year olds and 15 year olds asking strangers to buy ciggarettes for them. All i could do was to shake my head. Normally, it would be shameful to even admit that you're an underage smoker. But here... Oh my God... they're so open. This left a quite impressing imprint in my brain. Maybe it's because Perth is so big as a city, therefore they could rest assured that nobody is going to remember them. And they're right, unfortunately. All i remember about them is that the boy is quite plump, and the girl is quite attractive, albeit a smoker.

Another thing that happened to me is a mistake my sister and i made. She invited me to join a church group member's birthday party. And since it's a party and all, i naturally assumed that there would be food to eat, therefore i asked my sister to tell my aunt that i'm not going home for dinner. Big mistake. As it turns out, the so called 'birthday party' is only a gathering after a church activity. And all the food that are available are nachos, soft drinks and cake. Which is totally not enough to fill my stomach.

Yeah, so i went home hungry. Aunt was quite surprised that i hadn't eaten anything but some beehoon for the whole day. I replied that i was quite surprised as well, considering my sister failure to mention that no food will be available during the 'party'. So in the end i cooked some instant noodles, much to aunt's displeasure("you shouldn't eat that too often!"). Well, that's not the point.

While i was preparing my noodles, my young cousin, Grace was beside me the whole time, and when i say the whole time, i literally meant THE WHOLE TIME. After i placed the noodles into the plate, she was sniffing it all the time =.=!!! Then i proceeded to eat it, and she edged so close to me she was like 5 inches away from my nose. I asked her if she would want some, but she said she brushed her teeth. Then she went away. Whew!

But as i was going to continue with my noodles (the third spoonful), she came back again to haunt me and hovering around 5 inches away from my noodles. =_=..... Luckily, it was her bedtime (about 10.30pm), and aunt shushed her to bed. Finally, some peace and quiet for me and my noodles (lol!)...

The next morning, classs is supposed to start at 11am. So i had a chance to sleep in. And as usual, trouble brewed. It was 10am when i woke up, and the next bus time is at 10.21am. Too late for me. So after dressing up and so on and so on, i asked my aunt to send me to the train station. YAY she agreed! And now i thought that i wouldn't be late after all... BIG MISTAKE.

As i reached the train station, i found out that the next train to Canning Bridge Station(my destination) will be here by 10.41am. Oh God! My plans were foiled by the train itelf. And so i reached school late. But luckily, the teacher, Htay, wasn't in the mood to make anyone embarrased that day, as she had a lot to teach as well, and i should consider myself lucky that time.

Yesterday, i had a great time playing badminton with my friends. I was playing with Richard(no not the Richard in Sibu) and Trinh (the Vietnamese girl, ring any bells???), along with random people we picked to make it a 2v2 match. And just beside our court playing is Irash (the Iranian guy), Aaron (Singaporean), Min(Korean), and Alex(Hong Kong-nese).We had a great time together.

After the badminton session, we went for the Accounting lecture. It was the longest lecture i have ever had, as there were about 60 slides. Oh My Gawd. It took us 2 hours and 20 minutes to finish it, and i feel drained after that session. Lucky there aren't any more classes after that, or i would just shoot myself in the head.

So we now ended today. I am sore and tired and in everyway hungry thirsty and the such. Time to log off and search for Watchmen.



p/s: it's 12.04pm

8 comments:

  1. ah god...how dare they can do this for u...i mean it was no food or anything for u to fill in u stomach...haha..i can image that wht u face look like...and a...wht wrong with that boy and his sister??is it necessary??haiz...
    on the ather hand...i guess that it was the only way to let u cousin show her interest to ur noodle...haha...i mean it is delicious....haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...u no change at all...
    enjoy ur life ya...i think i will go u thr after 2 years ...hope so...

    ReplyDelete
  3. im coming...to visit ur blog...到此一游!haha...
    anyway, how r u?long time no contact leh...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 好好好好...长~~~~~~~~阿

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey hey thx u all... these days very busy... until no time online type blog... haha. i tink is too long as well, so i dun tink any1 of u will read it XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. ive just finished reading it!
    i like de noodles part. ur niece or cousin whatever is so awesome! wtf
    want to meet her so much =)
    -anonymous-

    ReplyDelete