Tuesday, March 3, 2009

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!

Hey guys... it's me again. I'm not really in a good mood today... and it's all because of my parents. Here's what happened:

The reason i came to Perth, Australia is to study, yes? And to study i need my textbooks and workbooks and all the other stuff, yes? And in order to study well i need to have my meals, yes? At the same time i have the need to socialize, that's why i need my phone and i need to hang out with friends, yes? And in order to have all that, what do i need to have?

That's right, money.

Now before i came here you gave me $500 Australian dollars to spend, yes? I AM grateful for that money, but when books cost over $100 for just 1 book, it is kind of hard to not ask for more.

For now i have... $70 in my pocket. $200 alone went towards books(which i have not finished buying). To have lunch i have to buy food from the market. about $100 (including milk, pies and other products for breakfast and lunch and occasional spendings in the school cafeteria)went towards my stomach(i have to provide my own lunch, and i'm fortunate to have the option to NOT buy at the school cafeteria all the time).

Not to mention my traveling fees. That alone took out $70 of all my money($21 for first 3 days without Smartrider, and i remember well that i reloaded a total of $50 into my Smartrider card, and i have about $30 in my Smartrider now).

Which leaves about... $60 that i spent. I spent $20 on a taxi ride which, unfortunately i had to pay to get home after a mistake and we had no public transport to go home. Another $25 i spent on buying a basketball jersey(shirt, which is normally at least $50-80) when they were having a sale in Harbourtown. And all that's left was...$15. Those i spent on bubble tea, Boost fruit drink and eating out with friends.

So, to sum it up:
$200(school textbooks, 2 new ones that i HAVE to buy because the teacher said so, and 1 second hand book which i bought from a friend, or the books could go up to $250)

$100(since i have to buy frozen pie as lunch(sometimes for breakfast) and milk as breakfast (only milk for breakfast, believe me that's not nearly enough)from the supermarket, and some on cafeteria food when pie was just not enough for lunch)

$70(transport, $20 on tickets for 1st 3 days in Perth without Smartrider and $50 on Smartrider)

$20(taxi ride, which i admit was i mistake i shouldn't have made)

$25(basketball shirt which i needed to use as pajamas, and it's REALLY high quality, so it's worth it)

$15(food and drinks, general pocket money)

And i have $70 left in my pocket. A total of $500. Luckily my HUGE phone bill($64 for both sim and reload, up till now) was supported by my sister(thanks sis, i'll pay you back after i start working), or else i would only have $6 left.

So how much DID i spend on luxuries(i.e: non-essentials)? $15 dollars, plus $20 taxi ride. If you compare the price of food in Perth to Sibu, you can already imagine how modest i am on my spendings already. Back in Sibu, i have $20 as pocket money per week, and food cost about... $3 for 1 plate of kampua. Here, i have totally used up $15 as pocket money for 1 week and a half(2nd week now), and food costs at least $7 per plate. Please make a comparison and you will know that i DID NOT spend unnecessarily. In fact, I am spending even less than i was in Sibu. And for this YOU STILL WON'T GIVE ME ANY MONEY TO BUY BOOKS??!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!

6 comments:

  1. 看你要把钱算来又算去的。。。是有点辛苦~但是我很希望我就要过上这种日子,因为我了解父母的钱来之不易。现在辛苦一点,以后享受一点~加油阿,朋友!就利用这段时间来 不 增重一下咯~~ 记得你出去之前我给你的“赠言”吧! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. =.=... just work hard for now and earn as much money as u can. then after u come here, change all the money to australian dollar, cus i guarantee u, will not be enough de. XD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 以后缺欠现在也没办法不是么?所以阿,都跟你说来 不 增重一下咯。。哈哈

    ReplyDelete
  4. wat she meant is save $$ on the 1st step, tighten ur belt at this period of time, got it??? juz like wat the cartoon showed~ didnt u watch cartoons, did cha??

    ReplyDelete
  5. 对对对,就是这个意思!哈哈!

    ReplyDelete